4/13/11

Best Remote Desktop App - Page 24 - Apple iPad Forum

Best Remote Desktop App - Page 24 - Apple iPad Forum: "Splashtop"


Splashtop is not really meant for that kind of thing. You have to use the right tool for the job. What Splashtop does, and does better than any other remote app at the moment, is perform FAST. Video, Flash, sound... it's like being at the remote PC. So if that speed is what you want, you can get it with Splashtop.

I often DO want that speed.... so if I can't get in via Splashtop to my Windows box (no issues with my Mac) I simple get the Windows box going with iTap RDP. Now if I was remoting in for maintenance and not entertainment I would be using RDP in the first place, and not Splashtop.

You don't even have to use a paid RDP app to kick start the Windows box. You can use one of the free RDP apps... or VNC.

No comments: